Friday, January 23, 2009

Confession of a Six-Year-Old

I absolutely must post the funniest things my kids say...it does me good to share and get a good laugh out of it at the same time. Let me set up the story for you...

Riley's hair drives me absolutely crazy and it has for her entire 3.7 years of life. It is very fine and hasn't taken on a thicker texture like big sister's hair. I finally gave in and took her to get bangs cut last weekend. I like little girls with hair one length, so this was tough for me. We got the bangs cut and she looks absolutely adorable...more so than before if that's even possible! Photo posted below...

Samantha has decided that she would like to have bangs cut also. She already got most of her hair cut off last September and now she wants to be as adorable as her little sister, I think. So, the other night when the girls were in the tub Samantha asked again to have bangs. I said I could cut them for her...she insisted on going to Great Clips like Riley...I agreed stating that they could trim the rest of her hair, too, since it seems to be growing a little unevenly.

Are you ready for it? The confession (and direct quote):
"Well, maybe that's because I cut my hair at school."

Of course, my response was, "What?!" She revealed her crime...when doing a craft at school before Christmas, she just grabbed a little bit of hair near her ear and cut off 2-3 inches. She then turned to a classmate and said, "Landon, look, I just cut my hair." I'm guessing that she decided to throw the hair away with no intention of sharing this juicy tidbit of information with her mother.

I thought I was going to wet my pants I was laughing so hard.

Kids...they make it all worth while, don't they??

No comments: